Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Statman Bruno is ICEFROG

The shock; our beloved Statman is in fact Icefrog as hinted by Godz in today's intro show.

I had that feeling 2 days ago. His role on that panel seems to be a bit "weird" and his there for comedy relief. Tobi did say he would be at the international. I think Bruno is Icefrog. This could be a massive surprise announcement at the end of the international? I hope so would end epically ;)

You wish : )

Bruno's just Bruno

Lets make a hypothesis.. "Guinsoo" one of the designers in dota 1 map is from America. Propably Icefrog who took the game and developed it to Dota 2 is propably American or at most European, to have good communication and understanding with Guinsoo. I dont think that Bruno whose knowledge about Dota is a week's study and doesnt have much connection with the game at all except keeping stats, to be Icefrog. Stop posting rubish plz. I would quit playing dota if that guy was the designer no offense

or maybe he is
    http://dota-academy.com/assets/cv.pdf
    also his nickname is zempit, and zembit means frozen (icefrog) in Belarus meteo science
    Last edited by Slevin_gr; 09-02-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: edit
    lordypork
    "try harding in pub is like going to a street basketball court for a game and meeting a amateur team in full jersey"

It's not totally farfetched.

Bruno did reveal that his day job was coding in his interview with Tobi on day 2.

Roshan
    Steam ID
    GGMikey

Bruno = guy from dota-academy.com

2GD revealed something about Icefrog though. His voice. Valve borrowed icefrogs voice for that clip about international 1 -> international 2. That clip is rolling and rolling lots of times after the games on stream.

Icefrog = 1 guy. And probably 28-30 years old.
    Follow me @MikeyDOTA2 featuring 24/7 badass tweets.

I work full-time for 17173 Media Group as Project Manager of @2PDota
    Hosting bunch of projects troughout Dota2 and other game titles.

as Mikey said, James told us that the clip was voiced by Icefrog. Note that Icefrog has a perfect accentless English in that clip.

Brunos english is like Borats.
    Trolling at its finest. ~~

icefrog story is old ,boring and for me busy.At last, reveal us the truth...

IceFrog is most likely American, afterall he was working in Clan TDA for dota which is from us

Ranged Creep

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin_gr View Post
    Lets make a hypothesis.. "Guinsoo" one of the designers in dota 1 map is from America. Propably Icefrog who took the game and developed it to Dota 2 is propably American or at most European, to have good communication and understanding with Guinsoo. I dont think that Bruno whose knowledge about Dota is a week's study and doesnt have much connection with the game at all except keeping stats, to be Icefrog. Stop posting rubish plz. I would quit playing dota if that guy was the designer no offense

or maybe he is
    http://dota-academy.com/assets/cv.pdf
    also his nickname is zempit, and zembit means frozen (icefrog) in Belarus meteo science
    Guinsoo didn't give dota to icefrog, he simply gave it up. Neichus then hacked the map and renewed it for a couple of versions before giving it to icefrog.

Btw can i have a link to the clip?