Impact of the 6.75 patch in DotA2

Now that we can test the new patch in the test client, what do you guys think about the changes ? Here are my impressions on some heroes, what are yours ? I am only listing the changes that I think were not optimal, most of them are really good or not worth arguing too long. I have not seen the talkdota show where they discuss the changes yet, so I might be totally wrong. (Beware, wall of text incoming)

- Invoker: He now has the same base damage as SF. He can't really win mid lane anymore as he will get out last-hitted by every other hero. I think the nerf was a bit unnecessary, he was not really dominant nowadays anyway, the only thing I thought was annoying about him was his quas regen and hps, which remains the same. It seems like you have to play him exort now, so prepare to be nuked down. (one point in exort then back to quas won't help you as you need the orbs out to benefit from the bonus damage/hps regen). One alternative is to play him on the safe lane.

- Furion: I really like the changes on the trees, he can't push as hard now. But the nerf on the movespeed really hurts as he becomes the slowest hardlaner in the pool (WR does not count). The hero was not getting much love lately and this is not going to get better obviously.

- DarkSeer: The nerfs were needed, but his ion shell still makes him a powerful hardlaner, and the movespeed nerf prevent him to run at the support as easily. He will now stand at the tower spamming ion shell forever, I prefered him as a very agressive hero.

- Morphling: Really good nerfs overall, except on the waveform (kind of not needed imo) which is the only skill that really made him entertaining.

- Rubick: Again a movespeed nerf, now he can't initiate as well and you can't be as agressive. Fadebolt also got nerfed, I recognize the hero was really strong, but I like him so much I am a bit biased here.

- Obsidian Destroyer: If we don't see him in every game now then I will be surprised. You just go mid and spam astral emprisonment from lvl1, if you're facing an int hero you out last-hit him easily, if not you can never be killed as the target will be left with no mana for ever. You also hit really hard. His match-up against invoker is so one-sided.

- Naga: The base damage nerf won't change much, she is still one of the most annoying hero because of her ultimate. I would have prefered a nerf to that and not to her early game.

- Shadow Fiend: I have not played against for now, but really his new ulti makes him so scary to dive for a melee hero. If he does not get the revenge-kill, his porting allies surely will.

- Spirit Breaker: Good buffs, but I don't like the fact you can't see when you're charged anymore. You can see when you're tracked so I don't get the logic here... You have almost no time to port out now, if you're a support in non-competitive games, I wish you luck.

- Sven: The guy got so much buffs, I actually think he might become one of the strongest carry.

- Disruptor: With the nerf to forcestaff, if he sees you, you're probably dead. The new king of support heroes ?

- Templar Assassin: Nothing has changed for her and that's the thing: How do you deal with her ? I think we might see a lot of TA vs OD match-ups in the middle lane in the near future.

That is all I can think of right now, what about you ?

Ranged Creep
    Steam ID
    STEAM_0:0:43368269

Hi ,

Do not forget about the NEW master of GANGS - Alche !!! Rly this hero was pretty useless with stun counting on your head (visible by foes). Now u can just surprise with super-mega-duper-hyper-giga-tera stun duration + decent dmg on small AOE. I rly would like to see him in action !

As for the TA :
    Ohhh mighty icefrog why the f**k psi blades has so much AOE and pure type of DMG ?!

Cheers ! Heads up !
    WaaDaaFaak

Too early to tell, really.

Once there's a Leshrac-like discovery of a hero in competitive scene, pubs will go mental and copy it.

Personally, I really don't like most of the changes, but as long as the new DOTA1 heroes are kept as far away as possible, I think it'll be fine.

For instance, Alchemist... His stun is now better to kill stuff with, but most Alche's are played as farming-pushing-tanking hard carries...
    Not really sure he'll benefit THAT much from the stun change, or that his playstyle will change.

Senior Creep

Im feeling pretty f**king SAD about Chen's nerf.
    Like, lycan - okay, overpovered as fuck, morph - sure, imbalanced aswell, darkseer - right, nice, but why would you decide to nerf Chen >.<. Hero's skillset was totally fine, and now its broken.

Ranged Creep

Quote Originally Posted by WaaDaaFaak View Post
    Hi ,
    As for the TA :
    Ohhh mighty icefrog why the f**k psi blades has so much AOE and pure type of DMG ?!
    It is pure damage because that's how splash and line damage worked in WarcraftIII. It simply ingnored the armor and just dealt pure damage. It couldn't be changed.
    But you are right the AOE might be a bit big. Than again, if you know how Psi Blade works you can avoid it realativly easely.
    Last edited by Khalan; 10-04-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Roshan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kindly_Man View Post
    Too early to tell, really.

Once there's a Leshrac-like discovery of a hero in competitive scene, pubs will go mental and copy it.

Personally, I really don't like most of the changes, but as long as the new DOTA1 heroes are kept as far away as possible, I think it'll be fine.

For instance, Alchemist... His stun is now better to kill stuff with, but most Alche's are played as farming-pushing-tanking hard carries...
    Not really sure he'll benefit THAT much from the stun change, or that his playstyle will change.
    Just now when u are ganking Alche and his team is obviously defending him he will not just TPout on another lane, he will stun u, kill all the ganking squad and then TP +)
    Life wouln't leave anybody virgin...

No mention of Nyx and Treant? Their buffs just sound sooooooo annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by eSportsOfSarus View Post
    No mention of Nyx and Treant? Their buffs just sound sooooooo annoying.
    I have not tested them yet, sure on paper this seems good but as I said, it's better to try it than speculate, though I have nightmares of a mid TA supported by a global treant armor *gasp*. As for Alchemist I did not test him yet, just because I really don't like the hero, but that's why I made this thread, so we can share our views and learn more about the heroes even without playing them too much, so thank you for the feedback ! I like Chen a lot, he really got nerfed which makes me sad, but most pro players thought he was a bit too overpowered so maybe this change was required ? In fact, I'm even surprised he was not picked/banned more even before the patch, just look at Goblin destroying every team with it. But as I said in another post some heroes might be OP but are just more interesting and loved by the community. It's one thing to witness a Chen/Invoker/Rubick play and another to see a Drow Ranger/Sniper play (right click on the target then stand back and relax) you have to admit. So I'm not quite sure I like all the nerfs on the 'OP' heroes (at least on those who make for epic plays).

Administrator
    Tournament Admin

Steam ID
    d3r_I3enny

gotta you stop you guys right here.
    There are already other threads discussion the patch changes.
    Just don't close your eyes and use the search function before you open up another thread.

- closed -
    joinDOTA - something we all want