Now that we can test the new patch in the test client, what do you guys think about the changes ? Here are my impressions on some heroes, what are yours ? I am only listing the changes that I think were not optimal, most of them are really good or not worth arguing too long. I have not seen the talkdota show where they discuss the changes yet, so I might be totally wrong. (Beware, wall of text incoming)
- Invoker: He now has the same base damage as SF. He can't really win mid lane anymore as he will get out last-hitted by every other hero. I think the nerf was a bit unnecessary, he was not really dominant nowadays anyway, the only thing I thought was annoying about him was his quas regen and hps, which remains the same. It seems like you have to play him exort now, so prepare to be nuked down. (one point in exort then back to quas won't help you as you need the orbs out to benefit from the bonus damage/hps regen). One alternative is to play him on the safe lane.
- Furion: I really like the changes on the trees, he can't push as hard now. But the nerf on the movespeed really hurts as he becomes the slowest hardlaner in the pool (WR does not count). The hero was not getting much love lately and this is not going to get better obviously.
- DarkSeer: The nerfs were needed, but his ion shell still makes him a powerful hardlaner, and the movespeed nerf prevent him to run at the support as easily. He will now stand at the tower spamming ion shell forever, I prefered him as a very agressive hero.
- Morphling: Really good nerfs overall, except on the waveform (kind of not needed imo) which is the only skill that really made him entertaining.
- Rubick: Again a movespeed nerf, now he can't initiate as well and you can't be as agressive. Fadebolt also got nerfed, I recognize the hero was really strong, but I like him so much I am a bit biased here.
- Obsidian Destroyer: If we don't see him in every game now then I will be surprised. You just go mid and spam astral emprisonment from lvl1, if you're facing an int hero you out last-hit him easily, if not you can never be killed as the target will be left with no mana for ever. You also hit really hard. His match-up against invoker is so one-sided.
- Naga: The base damage nerf won't change much, she is still one of the most annoying hero because of her ultimate. I would have prefered a nerf to that and not to her early game.
- Shadow Fiend: I have not played against for now, but really his new ulti makes him so scary to dive for a melee hero. If he does not get the revenge-kill, his porting allies surely will.
- Spirit Breaker: Good buffs, but I don't like the fact you can't see when you're charged anymore. You can see when you're tracked so I don't get the logic here... You have almost no time to port out now, if you're a support in non-competitive games, I wish you luck.
- Sven: The guy got so much buffs, I actually think he might become one of the strongest carry.
- Disruptor: With the nerf to forcestaff, if he sees you, you're probably dead. The new king of support heroes ?
- Templar Assassin: Nothing has changed for her and that's the thing: How do you deal with her ? I think we might see a lot of TA vs OD match-ups in the middle lane in the near future.
That is all I can think of right now, what about you ?