Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ranged Creep

DotA 2 Replay Analysis - I need YOUR replays!

Hello everyone.

I've decided I want to try to make a daily replay analysis. (Which I'll be uploading to youtube) This (obviously) requires some replays for me to analyse, I could take my own replays and I'll probably do once in a while if I get some really great ones. But I'll prefer to watch your replays, help the community and I possibly might learn something from you guys out there!

Send your replays to ivzreplayanalysis@gmail.com, with a link to the replay (uploaded to speedyshare or something like it) and fill this information:

Are you playing with a team/stack:

What do you want me to focus on (a specific hero, the whole team etc.):

What mode you're playing:

A brief description of the replay:

Any specific things you want me to talk about (laning, teamfights etc.):

Moments in the replay that you want me to look at (i.e: whole replay, a specific teamfight. If you want me to look at special time in the replay, please specify the replaytime (not gametime, REPLAY time)):

Replays downloaded will be located in Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\replays

I'm looking for games that are not a stomp or "giveaway" I want decent replays with some value in them. I will only analyse CM games, unless got a good reason to for me to analyse your AP/RD/SD/etc. game. The better the description is, the bigger the chance that I'll pick your replay.
    Best Regards Ivz

Take this as a chance to get someone to analyse your replays for free!

Youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DjStagG?feature=mhee

If possible, please add your .dem file to a .rar archive, that'll make the size smaller thus making the upload/download quicker. This helps both you and me!
    Last edited by Ivz; 10-08-2012 at 03:29 PM.

few points, your first question, are you playing with a team/stack will always be yes if you are looking for CM games no? also why do you ask people to download reply and put on a file share site instead of just giving you match ID?

besides that though, cool idea and look forward to checking some videos out

Ranged Creep

You can't download private matches through match ID.

ah, i was unaware. sorry

Hey man, I think it would be cool if you start analysing the replays from professional team for instance the game in TI 2, starladder, etc instead of replays from random people. I think the replays could be found as well. Don't you think that'd be a good idea man?

Ranged Creep

Sent u an e-mail with the match ID. It's a matchmaking game so u shouild be able to download it.

With the addition of team system, you might be able to get some good replays. But before you do that, you kinda need to actually start analysing, so that people know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by qintharas View Post
    Hey man, I think it would be cool if you start analysing the replays from professional team for instance the game in TI 2, starladder, etc instead of replays from random people. I think the replays could be found as well. Don't you think that'd be a good idea man?
    nope, definitely not!

1st, these games are already analyzed while in play by the commentators.
    2nd, non-pro layers don't benefit much from it because skill difference is so high that it wouldn't matter if you know it or not. it's like analyzing quantum theory to 10th graders.
    3rd, the way Ivz is doing it will benefit the community members directly (their replays) and indirectly (a lot of people do the same mistakes like others).

p.s I am searching for some good replays.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Maestro View Post
    nope, definitely not!

1st, these games are already analyzed while in play by the commentators.
    2nd, non-pro layers don't benefit much from it because skill difference is so high that it wouldn't matter if you know it or not. it's like analyzing quantum theory to 10th graders.
    3rd, the way Ivz is doing it will benefit the community members directly (their replays) and indirectly (a lot of people do the same mistakes like others).

p.s I am searching for some good replays.
    Well first off all I do not know it by heart about what do you mean by "analysing replay". If you're going to analyse replay just like what the commentators did then you've made your point.

Secondly, I don't think that the gap skills between pro players and average pub players are that far. I personally gained lots of benefits in terms of strategies (when to attack and not, item builds, how to win the lane, etc) eventhough its quite hard to implement it in pub. So I 100% do not agree that its like explaining the Schrodinger's theory to 10th grader. We, or I, get the benefit of it.

Thirdly, I completely agree that what he is doing will give benefits to community members directly to the replay of their play. About what they did right or wrong, what could have been done better in particular situations, etc.

My general idea is that I somehow miss that there is not any deep analysis of how the pros play, really few highlights, the general strategies, etc. If would be nice to have this kind of analysis based on the replay of pros, or even amateurs. Anyway, the idea is brilliant. I hope it could work.

P.S: please post the link to your youtube channel.

Wildkin
    Steam ID
    addioatp

Have to analyzed any other replays before? Wanna share your youtube channel right away?
    adampowicz