Melee Creep
    Steam ID
    pcgamer

Dark Seer items build

Recently i have been playing darkseer, thing is i cant seem to get the right item build. I have tried the recommended items in the shop, those aren't that effective in battle just wondering if there are any good items that keep darkseer alive and kicking ?

Melee Creep

How arnt they effective in battle lol?

My normal build is Treads or Manaboots -> Vanguard (Core) -> Aghanims (Core) -> Blademail -> Pipe/Shivas/Heart depending on there team and what my team needs.

Senior Creep
    Steam ID
    patrik_the_man

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Recently i have been playing darkseer, thing is i cant seem to get the right item build. I have tried the recommended items in the shop, those aren't that effective in battle just wondering if there are any good items that keep darkseer alive and kicking ?
    Hi there.

Dark Seer is a great and one of the best support heroes. I love to play him, but my luck with my teams when I hit a DS is always a bit worse than....

Anyways, item build you ask for.

I'd say it really depends on your farm, how high level the game is on.

If you play solo, why not a radiance? But I'd strongly recommend the follow build:

The recommended starters are fine, then hit a bottle/boots. Bottle is nice for ganking around the map at start which ds is great for and he needs some mana gain at the start. Complete vanguard (if it's needed, otherwise maybe a pipe/hood for the team is better?). Get phase and pts whichever you like. Then this I shift from game to game but usually directly after i finish that core I'm hitting a agha since it's such a great improver. Your allyes gets illusions too and trust me thats a win-gank ulti if done correctly.

Shivas I later on get if not a AC for the team if neccasary.

Bloodstone is a wonderful item for him aswell.

Then I'd say the only item is hex that's required for him, but this doesn't have to be the best build but it's great for me.

However you might wanna consider that Dark Seer is a support and I'd recommend you have to analyze your team and their teams pros n cons. Do your team need a meka, a pipe, a ac etc. Do i have to get the meka? or is that CM gonna get that etc. So support your carrys in the way that it helps the team at the most.

Good luck

I find the most traditional and easy build is:

manaboots/phase (depends) -> vanguard -> scepter (must have) -> pipe/shivas

you go pipe if nobody else is or shivas if you already have a team pipe.

By this time you should have likely finished the game with his insane team fight and pushing power, add whatever items you feel needed in your game.

Melee Creep
    Steam ID
    pcgamer

EnDumEn i mostly play as a support and my farm isn't much since i have to keep my eyes on the map all the time, not to get ganked and look out for the my team.

frieandblood not saying recommended items doesn't work but usually i dont know what to start with.

Thanks guys going to give both of them a try
    Last edited by Marker; 02-01-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Melee Creep
    Steam ID
    pcgamer

Quote Originally Posted by crms View Post
    I find the most traditional and easy build is:

manaboots/phase (depends) -> vanguard -> scepter (must have) -> pipe/shivas

you go pipe if nobody else is or shivas if you already have a team pipe.

By this time you should have likely finished the game with his insane team fight and pushing power, add whatever items you feel needed in your game.
    i run out of mana fast since using ion shell and vacuum all the time. i buy myself a sage and perseverance for cheap mana regen so it all depends on how much i can farm as a support

Senior Creep
    Steam ID
    IneffableHymn

Dark seer is one of those heroes that NEED a scepter.

Arcane Boots --> Pipe/Vanguard ( depending on opponent and your team ) --> Aghanim Scepter.

If you're struggling on farm an early Drums would do the trick.
    Let him that would move the world, first move himself. :wink: - Socrates.

as far as i see no1 rly explained you why these items..

boots : arcane (coz of manapool) most common, phase or travell (speed)

core items: vanguard (fast vg is very good for ds coz early mid game he used to be tanky hero), scepter (duplicating teamates in ~80% dmg illusion makes sick push and wins teamfights like np)

variations: radiance (i buy it often if i can have it till ~20mins, veryvery fast farm later on), shiva (gives you more tanky), rod (cripple with iron shell works awsome), hex (always awsome)

team/opp depends items: pipe (tanky), necro ( always good to have especially if theres invi hero in opponent team), veil (if you have enough mages in team+ tenky )

so, you decide, but vg and scepter should not be avoided as previous guys said

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    i run out of mana fast since using ion shell and vacuum all the time. i buy myself a sage and perseverance for cheap mana regen so it all depends on how much i can farm as a support
    Soulring works completely fine for me. Way cheaper than preservarance and the hp loss is easily covered by hood or vg - you will get either of those. SR will give you a "free ionshell" on every usage.
    The thing is: spamming vacuum is incredibly mana intensive -> 190 mana @ lvl 4, which is a lot. Never use vacuum for farming. It's only 160 dmg and if you position yourself right you will most likely hit the entire creepwave with your ionshell - resulting in saving lots of precious mana. Just a small tip - so keep your vacuum for escaping purpose or teamfights.

#edit: typos. tons of them.
    Last edited by Captain_Crunch; 02-03-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Wildkin

Personally after arcane boots and vangaurd it gets a little bit tricky(ofc magic wand too).

Now you guys say Scepter, and in competitive I agree since the team can use full advantage of it but in pubs its bit a waste of money and this is why. if your team is winning then you will probobly have the biggest farmed heroes and will not need your illusions to win a fight anyway and if loosing well whos gonna spend such large amount of gold just to get weak illusions?

Personaly I think shivas gaurd is great and maybe even somewhat core on him, it gives him mana and armour 2 things he needs and is great for comboing vaacume+wall+shivasgaurd wich not only does dmg but slows them down making it harder for them to run away from the illusions.

Bloodstone is a great item on him too