Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you think Valve's plan is?!

Last night, the G1 (Chinese DotA tournament) losers bracket final got over 400,000 viewers.. And when you take a look, the chinese scene isn't going anywhere - two tournaments with over 20,000$ for this month. And im not saying this as a bad thing, but im kinda sad, because first it's really hard to follow their scene (need to instal like 2-3 programs to watch the stream and in lags like hell) and the game isn't this accessible for everyone.

It's not like IceFrog doesn't know this, he is in connection with the chinese community, but do you think Valve really cares? Was hoping to see the next TI in China, but I gues that won't work, so I thogught WDC is going to get DOTA2, but we won't see this tourament again. So what can Valve do? It's hard enoguh when you know 1/2 of the playerbase there can't run the game..

Pandarea-gaming manager said "It depends on how DotA develops, not Dota2" and it seems he is right, if Valve don't do smth to get the crowd to DOTA2, China will be the Korea of Dota.

What do you think Valve can do?
    Last edited by 8ball_bg; 03-08-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Ranged Creep
    Steam ID
    ioffioff

It's not that Valve doesn't care it's just so hard to get China connected to the other world because they prefer LAN and don't have so much of internet and almost no connection outside the China. That's why Valve did the LAN mode because they want the game in China and country like that to.

Wildkin
    Steam ID
    counternev116

Just wait until LAN Mode is out, they have sufficient servers in China + people having a key (or the game if its out) and playable servers between the continents, then we will see ;)

more hats

Senior Creep

It's very difficult to organize tournaments in China. They have very strict laws when it comes to things like this. I've read that in China, even top players had a hard time getting Dota2 keys , because there's a law that forbids this sort of advertising.
    Just got my new Horize P150HM Notebook!
    250GB SSD

Senior Creep

China biggest LAN game country, why? totalism watches and controls net and even so, theres a lot of areas where net is rare, when bigger companies like google and MS got problems with China and coverage of connection, do you thing Valve can do that? the step of adding LAN supp will help their influence in China (and other SEA countries)...
    I'm just some regular uninteresting guy but you can follow me if you are masochist...

Superior Wildkin

The plan is- finish the closed beta, start the open beta, finish the open beta, release the game, and then worry about China. It's not even open beta and you worry about these type of things...

Melee Creep
    Steam ID
    Girlik

Quote Originally Posted by Manimon View Post
    The plan is- finish the closed beta, start the open beta, finish the open beta, release the game, and then worry about China. It's not even open beta and you worry about these type of things...
    Valve wouldn't have announced that the lan will be featured if they didn't worried about China.

Ranged Creep
    Steam ID
    jhonzin_

Quote Originally Posted by Girlik View Post
    Valve wouldn't have announced that the lan will be featured if they didn't worried about China.
    Actually, Valve would. The lagg problems and spikes in the last tournaments are already a reason to Valve do it. Wanting it or not, tournaments like The Defense are of great importance in the game image, and that lagg issues at the final of the defense were bad. Valve was already planning LAN mode with or without China.

Superior Wildkin

To some CHINESE DotA haters : PLEASE CALM YOUR BEARD.

Eventually, i think it would be nice for The International 2 to be in CHINA. But due to some circumstances that discussed about. It hardly to be in china but there were many ISSUES that occurred.
    Yes, mostly the CHINA scene is playing DotA 1.
    So, what.? DotA 1 & DOTA 2 are 2 different competitive scene.
    No offence.Enough said.
    Razer : For Gamers, by PRO Gamers. :^^:
    http://www.razerzone.com/