Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dota 2 Overlay for Streaming

I was looking for some feedback on an overlay that I have been working for myself / clan mates. Any constructive feedback would be more appreciative.

UPDATED WITH NEW PICTURE
    http://i.imgur.com/LKDDL8k.jpg

(Sorry for using a site like that, it wouldn't upload to the JD servers)
    Last edited by doomraker; 02-05-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Senior Creep

Itīs fine, you could implement something for the top UI bar too, like Twitter, Facebook,etc related stuff or what music is playing currently.

And maybe I wouldnīt make so red lines around the boxes so outstanding and shiny ( look at the item box).

The facebook / twitter stuff is going to be where is says advertisements. I debated on putting it on top bar however I ran into a couple issues with it staying in line with the rest of everything. I will have to look into trying to implement that into the top bar

I think it's really nice but imo red is not the color, i would maintain the standard

The reasoning behind the red color is that the clan logo is red and its to keep in line with that. I understand the standard color, however there is VERY little you can do to spice it up if you keep with the gray's.

Red is bad imo.. Hurts my eyes..
    +1 for imgur though !

Senior Creep

The red colour might make you look like a communist and the Americans will never go for that...

Nah, trolling aside. I like it, I especially like how happy you look in the picture. Usually when I go out to buy stuff and can't decide on which one I want I most often go for the one where the people on the package look the most happy.
    Be nice every once in a while, it may pay off in the end.

I made some adjustments to the original picture.

• Toned down the brightness so it doesnt hurt as much
    • Added the top bar with the social media information
    • Gave depth to the bottom bar to make it more defined
    • Removed the Glowing Effect from the Lines

http://i.imgur.com/HEQ82Sx.jpg

Hopefully this will help fix some problems. Any other suggestions would be great

Also if someone is looking for one to be made I am open to help / make it for people. There is no cost for it however I am not against donations.
    Last edited by doomraker; 02-05-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Ranged Creep
    Steam ID
    medowar

Meeeh I really dont like the red. The Dota map is a mainly green map, you dont have much strong colors(except from heroes ofc). The intense Red really hurts my eyes and i belive it makes it extremly exhausting for the eyes. If you really want to keep the red, then you should darken it down. At the current state, it is simply just to stong...

To be honest, i would recommend you, to grey the whole overlay. But except from the color, it is fine!

and btw, after 39 mins tide lv. 9? looks, like you did a lil bit of feeding ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Medowar View Post
    Meeeh I really dont like the red. The Dota map is a mainly green map, you dont have much strong colors(except from heroes ofc). The intense Red really hurts my eyes and i belive it makes it extremly exhausting for the eyes. If you really want to keep the red, then you should darken it down. At the current state, it is simply just to stong...

To be honest, i would recommend you, to grey the whole overlay. But except from the color, it is fine!

and btw, after 39 mins tide lv. 9? looks, like you did a lil bit of feeding ;D
    (Full disclosure that was not my game... random screenshot from google.)

I have done a lot of that and even made a WHOLE new layout.

http://i.imgur.com/LKDDL8k.jpg

I tried to make it a molten look, however I am not sure of the success. Let me know what you think.