Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The meaning of ''gg''

As I see it, ''gg'' as in good game should not be taken literally, as if it was a TI3 final, but a gesture towards the players in the game. Am I the only one pissed of by seeing people write ''omfg no gg fckn feeders plz report bg''? I've seen this behavior in LoL and kind of expect it, I mean, it's League of Lesbians.

What I kind of want to know is why ''gg'' has gone from a gesture (as I saw it in classic dota) and now. The reason why I mentioned LoL above is because I never saw anyone write ''bg'' or ''why gg plz this no game'' before people went from classic dota to LoL and then back to Dota 2.

You're making me mad, I don't heff to be mad, it's only game..

i still use gg as a friendly gesture... i never really played lol or hon ... (lol 6 games, hon 2 weeks)

i say gg to respect the game ... and to be respectful to my enemy and team

Maybe in pro games it is a gesture for when the game is over. In public games you are not forced to write gg and if you think the game was bad and a waste of time (can also happen in win situations), then of course you are allowed to express that in the chat.

Roshan

Yeah i find it a lack of decency to if you don't like the game we probably already knew that because of all the flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Haugland View Post
    As I see it, ''gg'' as in good game should not be taken literally, as if it was a TI3 final, but a gesture towards the players in the game. Am I the only one pissed of by seeing people write ''omfg no gg fckn feeders plz report bg''? I've seen this behavior in LoL and kind of expect it, I mean, it's League of Lesbians.

What I kind of want to know is why ''gg'' has gone from a gesture (as I saw it in classic dota) and now. The reason why I mentioned LoL above is because I never saw anyone write ''bg'' or ''why gg plz this no game'' before people went from classic dota to LoL and then back to Dota 2.

You're making me mad, I don't heff to be mad, it's only game..
    why do i have the feeling u post this useless thread to draw attention bcz u have nothing to do

Quote Originally Posted by KlaytonBG View Post
    why do i have the feeling u post this useless thread to draw attention bcz u have nothing to do
    Perhaps you're right. Perhaps I create a hater thread to make people think ''Hum, perhaps he is right about saying ''gg'' is about manners and not how I thought the game went for myself''

Or perhaps I'm just a retard creating threads for no reason. That is for you to decide.

happened in dota1 all the time too. nothing has changed imo.

Senior Creep

You would be mad even if they said "colored unicorns for everyone". End of thread.

Ranged Creep
    Steam ID
    VoidWalker

Well,speaking for myself personally.At rare occasions a game is not worth of saying "gg".Well,that may be because i don't use to lose a lot and have fun.For other people it maybe another case.

Superior Wildkin

Writing "gg" because it's "good manners" is... okay I guess. But really, if you just stomp the enemy team to the ground and write "gg" after that, it doesn't really work. If it's a good game or a decent game at least, it's totally okay to write it but if the game isn't really fun for anyone it just feels weird to write a forced "gg".

Just remaining silent is sometimes better than writing gg. And always better than writing "omg not gg was bg worst game USA noob team feeders"
    Who calls the Dragon Knight?