Dota 2 Trading Card

Can somebody explain this to me? I really don't get its usage and stuff.

Senior Creep

Get cards --> collect a set ---> make a badge ---> "improve" your STEAM profile ...

Beside the fact, that there are dota heroes on the cards, it has nothing to do with dota.

u get some emoticons

more slots for friends and visuals on ur steam profile

There are 8 cards in the set. You get 4 cards via drops (just playing the game while having the Trading Card beta activated nets you cards), you have to get the others through trading or purchasing them in the Community Market.

Once you get the 8 cards of the set (there are sets for Dota 2, CS:GO, Portal 2, etc.) you can use the cards to "craft" a "badge": you get several rewards for getting the badge (you can display the badge in your improved steam profile, you get emoticos, backgrounds for your profile page, discount on some games, etc.).

On top of that, each badge gives you exp to level up your steam profile level. You get some perks as you level up your profile (more slots in the friend list, being able to show all your medals on even some items in your steam profile, etc.).

Wildkin

how do you get these cards? i havent seen any1 so far getting it and i've played serioud amount of games since it's release...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwing View Post
    how do you get these cards? i havent seen any1 so far getting it and i've played serioud amount of games since it's release...
    They end up in your steam inventory, not the dota one. I got 4 cards from playing 2 games when I get invited to the steam card beta thingy, just be patient.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Tactical Penis 4 | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI | Tactical Penis 2 | Core i5-2500k@4.7ghz | Tactical Penis | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Tactical Penis 5 | Corsair HX1050W | Tactical Penis 3 | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 11TB storage space | Livegamer HD capture card |
    https://twitter.com/joinDOTAMarre <-- Opinions are my own and does not reflect that of joinDOTA
    https://twitch.tv/marregheriti <-- Please don't be frightened by rage, I don't bite.

Melee Creep

Quote Originally Posted by Marre View Post
    They end up in your steam inventory, not the dota one. I got 4 cards from playing 2 games when I get invited to the steam card beta thingy, just be patient.
    Free to play games drop trading cards based on your in-game purchasing history. If you've made purchases in-game prior to the Steam Trading Card Beta, or if you purchased TF2 prior to the Free-to-Play Update, you'll have 4 or 5 drops available for these games. You'll receive more card drops when you buy items in game, approximately one card drop for every $9 USD spent.

so those first 4 (free) cards u only get if u bought in dota store before the card game came out

this link give u all the info u need.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...45245037#53749