Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Na`Vi Pudge?

Ranged Creep
    Steam ID
    Pyrewood

Na`Vi Pudge?

I've been wondering for some time now. Why did Na`Vi stop picking pudge in the first place? The only possibility that came into mind was that they wanted to practice differently for this year's International. It's been some time since I last saw Na`Vi picking pudge in an important match-up or even in any match.

Why's that then? My point is, generally Dendi's pudge always worked out well for Na`Vi, and while I do understand that they may want some other kind of game plan, why not practice the old strategy aswell? They achieved plenty of things with that game plan and when you have different ways that you can go and different core heroes that you may pick to sustain your variable strategies you only make your team stronger, both in picks and in the game as a whole.

That's of course my opinion and I hope you can express different points in order to make this a good discussion

Roshan

Pudge is a extremly weak laner. Yet he needs a lot of levels and a modest amount of farm. Because of that he is mostly played mid but most mid heroes will defeat pudge very easly and because of that he is mostly not picked. Also for pro players lag is a big influence and thats why pudge and before him puck (however puck now is so good thats changed) where mostly picked only on lans.

Addtionally:

I would however love to see some more dendi pudge pudge is a fun hero to watch just like invoker.
    I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.

”Why do people say ‘no offense’ right before they’re about to offend you?”

Try this out (demigod): http://demigodthegame.com/ (if you buy it, buy it on steam)

Adding to that ^, Pudge isnt that good against some of the meta heroes, especially Lifestealer and Puck, LS just eats Pudge and its hard to catch a puck with his phase shift and silence. Also late game he aint that great except for his dismember which goes through bkb

Ranged Creep
    Steam ID
    Pyrewood

Quote Originally Posted by NoYouCanNot View Post
    Pudge is a extremly weak laner. Yet he needs a lot of levels and a modest amount of farm. Because of that he is mostly played mid but most mid heroes will defeat pudge very easly and because of that he is mostly not picked. Also for pro players lag is a big influence and thats why pudge and before him puck (however puck now is so good thats changed) where mostly picked only on lans.

Addtionally:

I would however love to see some more dendi pudge pudge is a fun hero to watch just like invoker.

You certainly have a point. However, I'd like to point out that Na`Vi also used to put pudge in the safe lane, which is totally different (in a way) from their "actual" game style. Correct me if I'm wrong but Na`Vi's pudge around two years ago required dendi to go safe lane with a support and this sent XBOCT and the other support to go dual middle. This is also something that seems to be forgotten, as few teams go dual middle nowadays. I feel that by changing the strategy and pulling out something totally out of the box might give a team other options, which should always help the team.

Also, about ping influence, I think that it must really be a pain in the ass to play with heroes such as pudge when they're lagged, but I believe that they could've tried to run the hero when they were playing in their servers, or maybe even on lans.

Additionally:

How well would you want and what are the chances of Na`Vi picking pudge in TI3? As of late it seems a little out of their mind, or could they be holding it to avoid mass bans like in TI2?

/discuss
    Last edited by Pyrewood; 07-14-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrewood View Post
    You certainly have a point. However, I'd like to point out that Na`Vi also used to put pudge in the safe lane, which is totally different (in a way) from their "actual" game style. Correct me if I'm wrong but Na`Vi's pudge around two years ago required dendi to go safe lane with a support and this sent XBOCT and the other support to go dual middle. This is also something that seems to be forgotten, as few teams go dual middle nowadays. I feel that by changing the strategy and pulling out something totally out of the box might give a team other options, which should always help the team.

Also, about ping influence, I think that it must really be a pain in the ass to play with heroes such as pudge when they're lagged, but I believe that they could've tried to run the hero when they were playing in their servers, or maybe even on lans.

Additionally:

How well would you want and what are the chances of Na`Vi picking pudge in TI3? To me as of late it seems a little out of their mind, or could they be holding it to avoid mass bans like in TI2?

/discuss

They made pulling on mid impossible on radiant side, that was kind of a big deal i guess ;p

The main thing that kills pudge is how weak he is in lane. Not to mention he didn't scale well late game without snowball, however with his recent buff to his passive...this changes. I do expect to see pudge picked in TI3 by navi, I think they are holding off on it because they want to help keep it quiet about how powerful he actually is now. Kinda like how treant sat quietly until one team did amazing with him and now everyone picks him. Buffs aren't really recognized in pro matches until one team grabs the hero and uses it well.

Superior Wildkin

save for ti3

In order to see pudge picked 100% in navi dendi has to captain

Roshan

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrewood View Post

Additionally:

How well would you want and what are the chances of Na`Vi picking pudge in TI3? As of late it seems a little out of their mind, or could they be holding it to avoid mass bans like in TI2?

/discuss
    Going dual mid also has other consequences to the game. You have to win the mid lane hard and quick. Because if you go dual mid you will most likely lose 1 lane already. After a time your opponents supports can go and roam while your mid still needs a support to support him against a better mid. Your opponent can also do a dual mid with better heroes if they see you draft pudge. So the weak laning stage of the pudge still has consequenses to the rest of the game if you apply this strategy.

I do think however we will see him at TI3 since pudge is a lot better on lan lag can really fuck up your hooks. Also if you go pudge mid there are enough melee heroes/ carries who can lane easy against him at scale much and much better late game to name 2: Doom/Lifestealer. (goes for any solo lane pudge would go in.)

Addtionally:

Quote Originally Posted by kill3rbee View Post
    Adding to that ^, Pudge isnt that good against some of the meta heroes, especially Lifestealer and Puck, LS just eats Pudge and its hard to catch a puck with his phase shift and silence. Also late game he aint that great except for his dismember which goes through bkb
    Yeah late game he is more of a tank then can pull people out of position. (still can be really good in late game with a nice follow up.)
    I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.

”Why do people say ‘no offense’ right before they’re about to offend you?”

Try this out (demigod): http://demigodthegame.com/ (if you buy it, buy it on steam)

Ranged Creep

saving strats.