Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Dota MMO?

Wildkin
    Steam ID
    lepariAh

A Dota MMO?

I was checking hero responses just for the lols and stopped to think about how big this game's lore is. There are a lot of scenarios that could come to my head such as BH and the Assassin hanging at Brewmaster's bar conspiring against their next target, how 'family members' grew apart and I feel like this could really make a good MMO. Not necessarily a RPG where you grind and stuff but sort of a solo/co-op campaign game that would explore all the possible scenarios we can see in the Lore and even deeper ones (i.e how CW constructed himself), crossing the story lines with a similar approach like the latest fight titles (SF, SC, Tekken).
    So what do you guys think?
    ps. Question is mainly directed whether you'd be attracted to play it and whether you see Valve going down this road. Anything goes though
    pariAh's guide to Invoker | The Carry Role
    If you're Brazilian take your time to check out my commentary project!
    Make the community better, use the search function :deny:

Hmm, it would be interesting to see an MMO where you can pick 115 heroes

Wildkin
    Steam ID
    z3us1991

well, if you want to create a story between heroes it will be awesome as ever, and I think Valve are considering this, but not in MMO way but in "campaign" or "learning mode" way. )
    We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with same hell just different devils.

Wildkin
    Steam ID
    lepariAh

Quote Originally Posted by Spekwjirm View Post
    Hmm, it would be interesting to see an MMO where you can pick 115 heroes
    The way I pictured it would be through campaigns tho! For example, you'd pick the Magina/Terroblade/Mirana storyline and as their personal events unfold it would connect to different scenarios/characters and whatnot.
    pariAh's guide to Invoker | The Carry Role
    If you're Brazilian take your time to check out my commentary project!
    Make the community better, use the search function :deny:

Ranged Creep

i would like to see a dota movie, my opinion would be more awsome then lord of the rings series

Quote Originally Posted by pariAh View Post
    The way I pictured it would be through campaigns tho! For example, you'd pick the Magina/Terroblade/Mirana storyline and as their personal events unfold it would connect to different scenarios/characters and whatnot.
    That would be lots of different stories.. And half of them would be happily ever after stories while half would be sad stories if they die 'cause you need a climactic event for each of them. Whoever wins the battle of two sides. But it would be good though. As I am really curious how each hero unfolded their stories.. Dota 2 is such a huge world..

Senior Creep
    Steam ID
    thedarkembrace

I honestly believe that they would be campaigns for some heroes.......Ursa andd lone druid defending their kin story or natures prophet against leshrac would be quite entertaining

Have i say that i love it when leshrac says impurities?

It will be cool see something like that, but It's huge work. First we have to bet that Valve finishes DotA2 and then create something like a campaign mode.

Wildkin

so i guess you want to ignore the whole lore about the warcraft 3 universe (which the most heroes have their roots from) and create a new one? sounds legit...

Quote Originally Posted by Ww3 View Post
    i would like to see a dota movie, my opinion would be more awsome then lord of the rings series
    lolno