Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
    Senior Creep
    Steam ID

Quit my job, taking 1 year off for dota! - Follow my journey @ Twitch

Hi JD!

This is my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/albyzai
    (i would appreciate if you followed me, to support my journey)
    I will be streaming everytime i play for the next year.

Today i quit my job (got last day on janurary 31st) to go full time Dota, and set a year off, in an attempt to hopefully become a pro player.

I am aware that people in this thread will now refer to my as EE 2.0 or even 3.0 - i'd prefer if you didn't, as i planned this thing before i even knew about EE.

I am currently ~4.5k rated, and as any other player at that rating, still got a lot of flaws, although i have a good sense of the game.

If i'd put a name on the flaws i have myself, i would say:

• Overall mediocre decisionmaking
    • Not thinking too much about starting items
    • Poor map awareness

Here are some milestones for me during this year:

Milestone 1: Get atleast 5.5k rating source: 5.5k.png Achieved on July 2.

Milestone 2: Create a team and win real money prices, or get handpicked for a pro/semi-pro team

Milestone 3: Attend TI5

Who am i?

I'm currently a 20 year old boy, who finished high school in Denmark last summer (which is not the same as high school in USA - more like a mix of high school and college). After i finished high school i decided to take a year off, which i've been using so far, to work at the customer service job that i just quit today. Obviously i'm gonna take another year off, to be able to use a year for dota.

I've been playing WC3 dota for a year or two, as well as HoN for 2 years and Dota 2 for 2 years, so i've got a bit of experience in the Moba genre - i've also participated in a few small tournaments.

Now this thread will most likely receive a lot of comments from people preaching about getting an education, and that i'm wasting my life on Dota because there's no future in it, and only 0.001% succeed at becoming pro players.

To those people, i just wanna say:

I don't care about getting an education, i am an entrepreneur, and wanna stay this way the rest of my life - i don't wanna waste years of my life studying in education that you'll most likely just use to work for somebody on a job that you don't really like. And during this year of dota, i'll be self-studying web-programming on the sideline to educate myself and have a way of earning some money if everything else fails.

Best regards,
    Albyzai - i hope to see you tuning in!
    Last edited by Albyzai; 07-17-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    http://www.twitch.tv/albyzai

I'm gonna make all the sacrifices i possibly can, in order to become a Dota pro.

Good luck champ.

Roshan

good luck
    Legends never die. Ars-Art

DK.BurNIng DK.Mushi DK.Iceiceice DK.LaNm DK.MMY

"Bone7 drags him away from Envy. Dont hurt my Master he says" - Lumi 2013
    "Yo mamma's so fat not even EG can throw her" - Lumi 2013

Its not going to work dont waste your time (sry but someone had to do it).

Senior Creep
    Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Vishwanath View Post
    Its not going to work dont waste your time (sry but someone had to do it).
    I don't see it as wasting my time. I'll spend a year doing what i love, if i fail to become pro i'll probably still make a lot of good friends during the year, and have a lot of fun experiences. Going pro would just be a bonus.

@ you others,

Thank you!
    http://www.twitch.tv/albyzai

I'm gonna make all the sacrifices i possibly can, in order to become a Dota pro.

1 word: Respect!
    "Did you think you could hide from a god?." - Zeus, The Lord of Heaven

Senior Creep

you do realize that you don't stand a chance playing against top tier teams/players right?
    RAT DOTO BEST DOTO

Best of luck. Remember, 12 games a day keeps reflex deterioration away.

Good Luck