Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Creep
    Steam ID

How to deal with different mid matchups.

Hi guys,

I thought i wanted to make a thread that could benefit a lot of people (especially myself), regarding about different mid matchups and how to play them.

An example of a game i played earlier today (i'm 4.5k rated), i played Storm vs Q/W invoker, i tried to zone him out early which didn't benefit me as by lvl 3 he had gone 2x quas 1x invoke so everytime i turned up the agression i simply got cold snapped which triggered about 4-5 times and i had to go back uphill. First of all this gave me some insight of how to play my own invoker which resulted in me just an hour ago dominating a storm mid completely due to exactly this, as i've usually gone Q/W invoke by lvl 3.

What i want from you people in this thread, is to list matchups that you struggle playing, so more experienced players on theese forums hopefully can come with some helpful input for all us trenches.

Hope to hear some annoying matchups and some helpful inputs from you guys.

Best regards,
    Albyzai
    http://www.twitch.tv/albyzai

I'm gonna make all the sacrifices i possibly can, in order to become a Dota pro.

Hi ! im rated 4k but i play dota for a long time and my favorite hero is storm . About the storm invoker thing - harrasing and going aggresive with storm against an invoker is nor really a good ideea esspecially against a quas wex one. Storm cant really kill before lvl 6, storm can kill only if u bait under the tower maxing vortex (1-3-1) build. Anyways Storm can pretty much outfarm a q/w invoker. The thing agains exort invoker is that u cant outfarm him as a storm) but u can harras him pretty hard due to low regen and no lockdown spells. Of corse every 1 of this things is done if played properly. I reccomend u guys if u play storm agains an invoker , i wouldnt bother harrasing him , because is pretty hard and u might loose the fight, i'd try outfarm him and get my orchid as fast as i can. I hope this helps because playing aggresive when its not possible can loose u the lane hard! Ty wish u all good luck !

the problem ive faced many times is, going mid as melee against a ranged hero. The only thing that ive done so far is trying to defensively lasthit, that many times is almost imposible due to agro creeps (if the guy im facing knows how to do it) or harrasment, and ofc losing that lane. So if any knows how to at least break even, please give me some insights of how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by trendix0r View Post
    the problem ive faced many times is, going mid as melee against a ranged hero. The only thing that ive done so far is trying to defensively lasthit, that many times is almost imposible due to agro creeps (if the guy im facing knows how to do it) or harrasment, and ofc losing that lane. So if any knows how to at least break even, please give me some insights of how to do this.
    The only chance to break even when melee vs ranged in mid is a tree in your team! any other bull**** about winning melee vs ranged is just because of the bad play of the ranged hero!

Just my oppinion

Senior Creep
    Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by ErZr View Post
    The only chance to break even when melee vs ranged in mid is a tree in your team! any other bull**** about winning melee vs ranged is just because of the bad play of the ranged hero!

Just my oppinion
    Would you even use that argument with a bloodseeker mid?
    http://www.twitch.tv/albyzai

I'm gonna make all the sacrifices i possibly can, in order to become a Dota pro.

bloodseeker mid is very very weak and easy to gank ! consider that bloodbath dosen't help u escape a lvl2 smokegank! if you buy a stoutshield and go a little agressive you are so dead !

maybe i would consider lifestealer mid a solution if u want to break even! the lifesteal and rage are very very usefull but i still think he will stay behind a ranged hero in creep kills
    Last edited by ErZr; 03-03-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Senior Creep

Well almost no hero can survive a smoke gank well executed lvl 2, so not sure what your point is.

as i pointed out in my previous edit of my last post, lifestealer is one of the heroes that can escape a lvl 2 smokegank, maybe naga if she goes lvl 2 net, doom for sure , nyx.... should i continue? i just wanted to point out the fact that bloodseeker is a weak mid because he has absolutely no escape mechanism, it's true that bloodbath is very very strong but he's susceptible to ganks ! maybe wraith king is a better choice but still bad against range
    Last edited by ErZr; 03-03-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trendix0r View Post
    It does kind of depend on what melee heroes you prefer to play mid some end up outfarming the enemy by just bottle crowing(not that you can do that blindly in pubs as it fucks up your team) another thing is you kind of want your teamates to help you control the runes unless you play something like a beast master and can deny with boar

Quote Originally Posted by Mimu View Post
    Well almost no hero can survive a smoke gank well executed lvl 2, so not sure what your point is.
    like one third of all heroes have an escape and can survive such a gank.